6.25.2006

Mockingbird - Carly Simon and James Taylor

College life... *sigh* I feel like I'll never get use to it, but, it's just been two weeks so i don't know for sure... I still feel like it's a summer thing, that I'll still be going back to the usual high school life, but I know that's not true.... but I can't feel feeling like that sometimes... ah well, at least I don't get homesick, thanks to that thought. not like one girl here who cried because of homesickness... i don't know, It's not that I don't miss Bacolod and everything else there... just not to the extent of crying. it's just that I know I'll be going back there, and it's not like I won' t see it again.

Hardest thing here.... studying. damn. They say cramming doesn't work here. lot's of people told me that. and I want to prove them wrong. haha. no no, I might not survive my first sem that way... Let's test the waters first before I past judgement whether to cram or not. and hey, math17 isn't that hard... (ang yabang ano??) well, I'm just thankful hindi powerpuff (or power ranger.. or voltes V for that matter..) yung math prof ko... di pa ako nakatikim ng quizzes niya.. so I hope it won't be too bad... nyahahahay...

Wait! babawiin ko. di pla yun yung Hardest thing dito. At meron tlga akong namimiss ng sobra sobra. yung PC namin sa bahay... :(( huhuhuhuhu... I MISS YOU PC!! no other PC can replace it! not unless i copy ko lahat ng hard drive nun. that would be the only time some other computer could take it's place in my heart. hehe

Now about the song, another one from Carly Simon!! It's been in my head since I left bacolod. Simon and Taylor together... dang they're good. too bad they got divorce. oh well... I like how their two voices mix in this one, and ain't this a better tune than the 'mockingbird' lullaby? as my friend geneveive would say... that one was creepy.

Hear me now and understand
He's gonna find me some piece of mind
And if that piece of mind won't stay
I'm gonna find myself a better way
And if that better way ain't so
I'll ride with the tide and go with the flow
And that's why I keep on shoutin' in your ear
Say yeah, yeah whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, uh, oh

.:: Listen
.:: FULL LYRICS




11 comments:

Anonymous said...

hello there, first time ko dito..hehe daan lang sa site mo.

Anonymous said...

i enjoyed college life. yeah, sometimes the lessons & requirements that you need to submit eh ubos talaga oras mo. :)

marX said...

cool!
that's a great way to start college. haha. di na nga gumagana cramming..

(^_^)

& said...

ewan ko lang kung di gumagana ang cramming ha. pero ngayong hyskul talaga - di ako nagcracram. HAPPY GO LUCKY Lang haha.

kasi ako, kapag tests - matutulog na lang ako ng mahimbing. tapos sa umaga ako magrereview.

HAHA tapos test na. fresh na fresh ang utak! haha ayos.

yeah. UP DILIMAN ka naman eh. makuntento ka nah. hehe. :d yun lang . aba. sisiw lang pala ang math ha. MAYABANG! grrrrrrrr

sige research ka na! http://utakgago.blogspot.com

VanillaDaydreams said...

i have the same sentiments about schooling... pero ngayong second year, parang nagbago ang takbo ng buhay.. parang tinatamad agad ako sa eskwela eh 3 weeks pa lang ang nakakaraan... hirap....

Anonymous said...

hirap talaga mag-aral... highschool palang ako pero medyo nahihirapan na ko... pano pa kaya college? kapag nagwork ako? hehe
wala lang

Anyways, kaya mo yan! ^o^
Goodluck sa lahat

& said...

dumaan lang ulet. MISS YOU SO MUCH sabrina! http://utakgago.blogspot.com

Kiro said...

tagal na nito entry ha.... err yea aral ka muna sabrina! you gotta put studying first... other than your health... mas una un kaysa sa tudying ahehe anyway yea musta na??

austin rivers said...

I saw James in concert a few years back, and is voice is still amazing 30 years later!

Alex said...

I've seen James in concert a few times and his voice has not deteriorated one bit over the years. Looking forward to seeing him in the spring with Bonnie Raitt.

This is a great version of Mockingbird with Carly and Stephen Colbert...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tedKatFBvgw

Alex said...

...and Merry Christmas Sabrina!