3.27.2006

Until You Come Back To Me - Aretha Franklin

 

"Until You Come Back to Me (That's What I'm Gonna Do)

Aretha Franklin (Cover, Original by Stevie Wonder)
Let Me In Your Life (1973)



I've heard this before, but hearing Katharine McPhee sing it was sooo fantastic, I downloaded it instantly, and it has never left my playlist, both in my PC and my head.

It's a really great song, and although it did reach number 1 in the charts, I'm surprised that it's not one of the more popular Aretha songs. I mean, I barely hear it play during any Aretha tribute performances nor have I seen it in any karaoke/videoke lists, which kinda sucks. I really like singing this song.

Lyric-wise, it's a pretty desperate song though.

Giving me the cold shoulder? Won't pay any attention to me? I WILL ANNOY YOU BY MAKING NOISES OUTSIDE YOUR HOUSE UNTIL YOU DO! hahaha, but if you don't try to think of it that way, it's an awesome song. :D

Though you don't call any more
I sit and wait in vain I guess
I'll rap on your door (your door)

Tap on your window pane (tap on your window pane)
I wanna tell ya baby, changes I've been goin' through
Missin' you
Listen you
...

Till you come back to me, that's what I'm gonna do




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

namian ko ni!!!very good sardinas...okay na ni???hehehe..

najjems said...

ahaha, ara man lng gli... hmm... it's plain white. yogs.