8.18.2013

Neil Sedaka - Laughter in The Rain

It's been quite a rainy weekend for me; I thought that leaving Metro Manila for a while I could somehow escape the rain, but apparently the raincloud was bigger than I imagined. It's a full blown storm! I know it's typhoon season and all, but there was just one last week, albeit a quick one, so I didn't really expect another one to come so soon.

Despite the less-than-idyllic weather, I still enjoyed my time in Laguna with my siblings. I sort of regret not doing it more often in the past when both of them we're still in LB. I have yet to explore Calamba! Better late than never I guess.

Sunday morning commenced with a bike ride around the Los Baños campus, which is quite a feat since I have not properly biked in ages! (no, Netherlands didn't count. That was a pathetic attempt.) This only intensifies my desire to buy my own bike soon. *ah priorities, priorities...*

At around lunch, we start to head out back to Manila, and just when we reached Jolibee, BOOM. The clouds just gave up, and that was the last time I saw dry land. The trip itself back wasn't so bad, I passed the time telling my sister all sorts of stories I had about my recent escapade, and amazing she didn't turn deaf because of it.

The journey back to my apartment though, well that's an entirely different story. Let's just say I had quite an adventure, but something I would probably not be stupid enough to try again, er.. under the same circumstances. You have to understand that I reeeeeally don't like gloomy rainy weather. I could change my mind about it if I were in the rural provinces, but definitely not in the city. I'm probably one of those who suffer S.A.D.

*This is getting longer than expected!* Long story short, on the jeepney ride back to Philcoa, a familiar tune starts to play on the radio. I couldn't put my finger on the song, but when it got to the chorus, I was so singing along. It was a jazzy female cover of Laughter In The Rain, which definitely put a smile on my face. I'd usually hear melancholic songs associated with the rain, so this was a nice happy change and good vibe to all the gloom Maring brought in.

And it's about time I featured Neil Sedaka on this blog!   


Oo, how I love the rainy days
And the happy way I feel inside


2 comments:

roffe said...

No rain here in Norway since June..We need rain..

najjems said...

Really roffe? which part of Norway? I was in Førde during the first week of July and it was raining there most of the time. :)