5.21.2006

Old Time Rock n Roll - Bob Segar

We here at home love watching 'The Nanny' in the Hallmark channel. I actually forgot how funny the show was having watched it years before. Fran Drescher's voice is of course nasally, and annoying as usual but the show's worth enduring it. It airs everyday in the afternoon, but we choose to watch the reruns on Sundays because it's a 5 episode marathon. never gets boring.

Niles, the butler (Daniel Davis) is easily my favorite character in the show, with his quick wit, and his endless insults to CC Babcock. (and the pleasure he takes from it too.)

In one episode during the second season, (Canasta Masta) Everyone takes a trip, leaving Niles alone in the big ol mansion. and in the end, you see him in his undies dancing & lipsynching to Bob Segar's 'Old Time Rock and Roll' with a feather duster dualing as a microphone and a guitar in the living room. If that wasn't funny enough, CC walks in on him. For those who aren't familiar with the show's running jokes, this doesn't seem much. But for me, I'm already laughing my head off. (galing niya sumayaw, in fairness. lol.)

'Old Time Rock n Roll' is now a favorite of mine, not just because of Niles (but that is one of the reasons. hihi) but because the song says exactly how I feel about today's music, that's why I usually prefer old songs than what's 'hot' now.

Just take those old records off the shelf
I'll sit and listen to 'em by myself
Todays music ain't got the same soul
I like that old time rock 'n roll
Dont try to take me to a disco
You'll never even get me out on the floor
In ten minutes I'll be late for the door
I like that old time rock 'n roll

.:: Listen

.:: FULL LYRICS



*Sa mga nagtitiyaga na bumisita sa blog na ito regularly, napansin niyo na siguro na hindi ako masyadong naguupdate... ewan, wala yata ako sa writing mood these few days. pero may mga entries ako, promise! naka-draft nga lang... another thing is, I'm trying to find a new skin for my blog, kaya lang hindi pa ako nakahanap ng maganda para sa blog ko... I've tried making one, but I'm having problems... Salamat pa rin sa mga bumibisita!

4 comments:

Kay said...

Hi Sabrina

I thot I never missed an episode of the Nanny, guess I'm wrong..didnt remember watching this episode...

And Bob Segar...he's a classic Rockers..Ayos!

sige sige

Anonymous said...

boohoo..you watch the nanny? tsss... ang jologs! is that all you do with your life? old time rock? just shows how out dated you are. trust me, stop trying to look so cool, it'll be cooler.

najjems said...

haha.

as the song sings,
'Call me a relic, call me what you will
Say I'm old-fashioned, say I'm over the hill'

I don't care how dated i am, and i never once thought myself 'cool'. i like the nanny! jologs na kung jologs.


shang, ikaw ba yan?

& said...

nagulat ako, nandyan pa sa post mo si Fran Drescher! bwahaha, kilala ko yan. nakakatawa yan! SOOOOOBRA.

wala lang. di ko kilala si bob segar eh. sorry!