5.19.2006

Save The Last Dance - Michael Buble

"Save the Last Dance for Me" was a song by Doc Pomus and Mort Shuman, that was recorded in 1960 by the vocal group The Drifters, who took it to #1 on the U.S. pop charts. In the UK, the Drifters' version reached #2 in December 1960. Around this time, an answer record by Damita Jo entitled "I'll Save the Last Dance for You" gained popularity.

In the song, the narrator tells his lover she is free to mingle and socialize throughout the evening, but to make sure to save him one dance at the end of the night. The song is likely based on the personal experience of Doc Pomus, who had polio and used crutches to get around and could not dance. His wife, however, was a Broadway actress and dancer. The song gives his perspective of plaintively telling his wife to have fun dancing, but to please remember who she is going home with.


.:: FULL LYRICS
.:: Listen

1 comment:

Louise said...

I first saw Michael perform live in July 2005, and I haven't stopped talking about that experience yet!! : lol: Over the years, I've had the good fortune to see him many times, Michael and his show improve with each new tour! Next weekend I'm gonna see him again since I can get cheap tickets so I can save some dollars to the next concert ...I’m so excited!!
http://www.ticketsinventory.com/concert/reba-mcentire-tickets/