4.13.2006

The Banana Boat Song - Harry Belafonte

I'm sure you everyone knows this one. If not, maybe just slightly familiar. It's a hit! come on, no matter how comical it sounds. (which was the reason maybe it was so famous.)

I have watched Beetlejuice (Michael Keaton, Geena Davis, Alec Baldwin) several times when I was younger, it's quite scary for a little child, but my sister and I loved it. lol. Just after lunch, the movie showed in (i think) Cinemax. and well, it was sheer luck and good timing that we reached the dinner scene. I actually found a clip from YouTube, uhm pirated, sort of. It was recorded straight from the TV.

Here you find Catherine O'Hara possesed, in a funny way and all of the dinner guests as well. (that's Winona Ryder as their daughter...) I love redheads. lol. This was directed by no less than the weird Tim Burton.
~PS. you should hear what the lady said in the beginning. haha.




Day-o, or the Banana Boat Song, has more history behind it than i initially thought. Wikipedia is now my bestfriend!

Day-o, Day-o

Daylight come and we want go home

Day, is a day, is a day, is a day, is a day, is a day-o
Daylight come, and we want go . . .
...Come Mr. Tally Man, tally me banana
(Daylight come and we want go home)

.:: FULL LYRICS
.:: Listen

8 comments:

WOOT! said...

uhh..ngaun ko lang yan narinig..teka lahat ba ng posts mo dito sa blog mo ay tungkol sa songs?..hmm pansin ko lang..

Kay said...

Whoaa...the movie Beetlejuice goes way back to the 80s' if Im not mistaken...

U can say scary funny...lurve it

Anonymous said...

My name: Sabrina Jan Tan
Who is the love of my life: siiii ano :)) si diggory_c wahahah
Where did we meet: HPANA
Take a stab at my middle name: bubbawabbalubba
How long have you known me:
more or less 3 years
When is the last time that we saw each other: multiply mo hahaha
Do I smoke: yeah bebe yer smokinnngggg
Do I drink: doi.. if you didn't.. you'd die of dehydration
What was your first impression of upon meeting me/seeing me: Bunny rabbit!
Do I have any siblings: yup si ate!! hahaha!
What's one of my favorite things to do: chat
Am I funny: No, you're Sabrina
What's my favorite type of music: oldies :P
What is the best feature about me: yer smarrrtt
Am I shy or outgoing: yuck ikaw shy?? wahahaha love yah
Am I a rebel or do I follow the rules: kaw pa... rebel!
Do I have any special talents: i'd say bashing too..
Would you call me preppy, average, sporty, punk, hippie, glam, nerdy, snobby, or something else (what): witch :P
What is my favorite food: raccoon meat...
Have you ever had a crush on me: oh of course.
If there was one good nickname for me, what would it be: sabziewabzie
What's your favorite memory of me: sorry, i don't have favorites. wahahaha ethelie :P\
What is my worst habit: do u bite ur nails?
If you and I were stranded on a desert island, what is the one thing I would bring?: music\stuff...
Are we friends: asl?
Do you want us to be more than friends?: opcorz
Will you repost this so I can do it for you?: i did na haha

Mary said...

great song!

Anonymous said...

Love Wiki! ;)

Doding Daga said...

thanks for taggin on my blog. I have a very vivid recollection of watching beetlejuice before. haha. That song's really funny. ^_^

cars said...

yeah! wiki is everyone's bestfriend nowadays! it has everything! hahha... i think i heard that tune somewhere already.. i don't really know.. hahah XD

UBODngLUMPIA said...

... naalala ko pinapakanta sa amin yan nung nag CAT ako... dapat bawal tumawa