4.11.2006

Fly Me To The Moon - a LOT of people.

Over the past weekend, my family and i went on vacation to Bohol. (awesome place!) anyway, part of our tour was the Loboc River Cruise which was actually a floating restaurant. We had a buffet lunch there, and while eating, there were two singers serenading the guests. They sang a lot of songs i liked, and one of the first songs they sang was "Fly Me To The Moon."

I'm not sure why, but after the hour was up and we got back to the car, I just started singing it. and I kept singing it all the way to Carmen, where we saw the Chocolate Hills. (ehem, that's like a 1-hour drive.)

This took me a long time researching the song's history. It's quite complicated. A number of people already sang it, but I always thought 'ol blues eyes Frank Sinatra was the original. I guess i was wrong. Would you believe it has it's own Wikipedia entry?

The lyrics is sooo short, i just thought I'd post it all. hehe.
Fly me to the moon
Let me play among the stars
Let me see what spring is like
On a-Jupiter and Mars
In other words, hold my hand
In other words, baby, kiss me
Fill my heart with song
And let me sing for ever more
You are all I long for
All I worship and adore
In other words, please be true
In other words, I love you

.:: Listen (might take a minute to load)

4 comments:

Doubting Thomas said...

that song has a very nice lyrics! love it! :)

Kay said...

Hi Sabrina

Just blog hopping...

Its no surprise abt the song...great singer, good lyrics..everything abt it is great...i luve it too n i think many out there loves it too...

Greetings from Singapore!

Anonymous said...

Hı.My names galip.Your blog nice.

roffe said...

I likes Stranger in the Night, but I'm not a fan of Frank Sinatra!